Wearing uniform encourages children to feel that they belong. The uniform at Stourfield is simple, smart, practical and inexpensive. If you experience difficulty in affording items of uniform, please call at the office as we may be able to help you.
Our uniform can be bought from Stevensons in Seabourne Road in Southbourne. All uniform items can be bought online from https://www.stevensons.co.uk/
PLEASE ENSURE THAT ALL ITEMS OF CLOTHING, INCLUDING COATS AND BAGS ARE LABELLED CLEARLY WITH YOUR CHILD'S FULL NAME
Our uniform is:
|Grey Trousers||Grey Skirt or pinafore dress, or grey trousers – school type|
|Pale Blue Polo Shirt||Pale Blue Polo Shirt|
|Blue Sweatshirt (bearing logo) OR Royal Blue Pullover||Blue Sweatshirt (bearing logo) OR Royal Blue Pullover|
|White, grey or navy socks||White, grey or navy socks/tights|
Black or brown, low heeled shoes, with laces or straps (no trainers please). Socks must be worn with all footwear.
Boots may be warn in winter months but must be plain, black and low heeled.
Ugg type boots, coloured and patterned tights and over the knee/thigh length socks are not permitted.
High heels and trainers (except for games) are not considered suitable for school.
|PE Kit||Games Kit||Swimming Kit|
|Green / Red / Orange
/ Yellow T-shirt
|Football Socks||Swimming costume|
|Royal blue shorts||Astro boots or trainers (winter)||Swimming hat|
|Blue Fleece (Optional)||Shin guards (for safety)||Large towel|
|Trainers or Plimsolls (summer)|
PLEASE MARK ALL KIT CLEARLY WITH YOUR CHILD’S FULL NAME
With both Health & Safety and Security in mind, we prefer children not to wear jewellery to school. However, should you wish, children are permitted to wear a watch and simple, small stud earrings.
Children arriving in school with other items of jewellery such as necklaces, bracelets and rings will be asked to remove them.
Piercing to any other part of the body, such as the nose, eyebrow or belly-button is not considered suitable for school and therefore jewellery in these parts of the body must not be worn.
The following safety advice applies to Physical Education lessons:
- All jewellery must be removed for P.E./swimming and remains the responsibility of the child.
- There may be some occasions where an item of jewellery cannot be removed – for example, when ears have just been pierced. If this is the case, tape should be provided by you to put over the stud, so that any accidental knock to that part of the body does not result in the pin of the stud penetrating the skin below and behind the ear.
- We would also ask that you ensure that children can remove any jewellery independently of the teacher.
Hair Style Requests
- Pupils should avoid extremes of hairstyles and hair should be grade 2 or above in length and not have patterns or ridges shaved into it.
- Shoulder length and longer hair must be tied back at all times in the interests of health and safety and to stop the spread of head lice. This applies to both girls and boys.
- Children are expected to retain their natural hair colour.
- Hair braids and extensions are NOT permitted. If fitted during a holiday period, the braids should be removed before the beginning of the new term.
- Hair accessories should be simple.